Network Automation Engineer
Job DescriptionLoni.ai is an Infrastructure and IoT focused company with engineering teams in New York, New York, Amman, Jordan, Cairo, Egypt, Buenos Aries, Argentina! We are seeking a Network Automation, Engineer (Senior) to help us build amazing features for the next ten million users on our security-oriented IoT platform. Your mission will be to lead one of the teams that design and delivers the next generation of code and critical technologies that enable our vision DevOps/Agile environment.
Position SummaryThe Tools Team Automation Engineer is a strong scripting position and will be responsible for design, development, automation, management, monitoring, and enhancements of the Enterprise Tools and Applications in the environment leveraging REST, Restconf, Netconf, gRPC, and Python. The candidate will create custom scripts, and support the Enterprise Tools suite of Management Applications. The candidate will provide engineering solutions in both physical and virtual environments for firewalls, load balancers, routers, and switches. Vendors include but are not limited to Cisco, Arista, Juniper, F5, Netscaler, HP, and Dell. AWS/Azure is a plus. S/he will implement tools and/or new features to support and secure the Tools environment based on direction and guidance from the Management of the Enterprise Tools team. Position Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Application integration, architecture, engineering and support of the MCIT computing systems
- Perform/learn to perform development and configuration of a number of areas including, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Configuration Management, Incident, CMDB, and Asset Management within the HEAT ITSM system
- Ability to interface scripts with Databases and web front ends
- Knowledge of web technologies such as HTML, Jelly, AJAX, and PERL
- Strong grasp of automation tools such as puppet, razor, chef, or Ansible
- Data management skills
- Solid knowledge of Monitoring concepts and technologies, SNMP, alerting, reporting, dashboards, maintenance windows
- Understanding of networking and internet technologies - TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Very strong Linux experience in a highly-available production environment.
- Strong SQL knowledge and familiarity with MySQL, Postgres, and Oracle. Strong experience with PHP/Python and some knowledge with Java/Perl Autonomous.
- Comfortable with Frontend development (HTML/CSS/JS) and some experience with JQuery, Lodash, and/or ExtJS.
- Enjoy exploring and experimenting with new ideas and sharing with others.
- Experienced in configuration management/service orchestration using Juniper Contrail/Northstar and/or Cisco NSO (formerly Tail-f NCS).
- Experience with open source applications in the SDN/NFV space (OpenDaylight, ONOS, DPDK, vSwitch).
- Experience with administering network and systems monitoring and management tools (SPLUNK, Netflow, Nagios, Cacti,, PRTG, RANCID, etc).
- Network simulation and modeling with tools like Cisco WAE (formerly Cariden MATE) or WANDL
- Knowledge of network routing and switching systems (Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Ciena, MRV)
Interested in this position?
Contact us email@example.com